Options

Cell Phone

We are booked on the May 30th Danube River Cruise. I read in the "Need to Know" section of the Tauck Website, that the area that we are visiting is set up for 5G phones. Our phone is a 3G. Does anyone know if you can use a 3G phone on a G5 network?

Comments

• Options
    Have you thought about checking with your cell phone provider? Might be the best bet to make sure you are getting right information for your phone and service. Have a great time!
  • Options
    Thanks. It was stupid of me not to think of that.

Bev
  • Options
    byelen wrote:
    We are booked on the May 30th Danube River Cruise. I read in the "Need to Know" section of the Tauck Website, that the area that we are visiting is set up for 5G phones. Our phone is a 3G. Does anyone know if you can use a 3G phone on a G5 network?

Hi Byelen,

As far as I know, Europe is yet to be on a 5g network and that the 5g network was still in development. I was looking through our "Need to Know" sections or our website and do not see that mentioned. Can you please send me a link?

Best,
    Emily
  • Options
    Hi Emily,

I must have had a "senior moment" as I can't find a reference in "Need to Know". I must have read about it in error,when I was checking the internet for information about our cruise stops.

I have since found a website about cell phones in Prague and it looks like I will be able to use the 3G phone http://www.prague-guide.co.uk/articles/mobile-phones-in-prague.html I will, however check with AT&T before we go.

For the informations of others on this trip, I downloaded SKYPE http://www.skype.com/en/rates/ to our cell phone when we went to our last European trip with Tauck and found that if I cut off roaming from the phone, the rates were very inexpensive.

I am sorry that I posted wrong information and I appreciate your concern about it. This will be our 11th trip with Tauck and I have recommended Tauck to others because of the personal concern for the clients.

We're looking forward to our May 30th cruise.

Bev

• Options
    Hi Bylene,

No worries, we try to update our "Need to Know" as new information comes up. I just wanted to make sure that we had the correct information for our guests. I agree with you, Skype is a great thing to have on your phone.

Best,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.