Options

Safari Hat or Baseball Hat?!?

Headed out on the May 18, 2013 Kenya & Tanzania safari tour. I'm trying to figure out if I really need to purchase a true all brim safari hat? I'm more of a baseball hat person, but was wondering what someone's thoughts would be here? The only thing I can think of is that it might blow off my head due to not chin strap? Also sun on the neck could get burned as their is not brim in the back of a baseball hat.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    baseball hat-no problem-am leaving for same trip on 5/2.Have been told by others that bb hat is fine.
    MBF
  • Options
    Hello SM1218...Good question. First time I've seen anyone ask it on the Forum. I love baseball hats but I went a different direction for our safaris. I bought a Tilley Hemp hat and have now worn it on three safaris. They are made in Canada but can be found on the Internet. It is washable and folds so I can put it in my safari jacket, camera case or back pack. The brim is wide enough to shade my neck, nose and ears but one finger flips the front brim up easily if I need to use the camera view finder. It also has an adjustable strap which comes in handy on game drives in open safari vehicles and / or windy conditions.

All that being said...a baseball hat also works except, as you said, to protect the neck and ears. Have a great trip...
    Leo M
This discussion has been closed.