Options

after the Warsaw to Prague tour

The trip to Eastern Europe was stupendous and we had a great time. The tour was amazing. For those of you you are contemplaitng this here is some info: Warsaw has a beautiful old town and the other parts are well labelled on tourist maps to be able to get to by walking, busses,trams or subway. Everyone was very helpful in our own personal touring prior to the Tauck tour. The best map for this I found was at the tourist center opposite the Royal Palace in the Old Town square(walking distance from the Bristol Hotel(gorgeous).You can get a tourist book int he hotel that does a good job of telling you what there is to see. I also used the Tauck suggestion of the Lonely Planet which also was very helpful. Right across the street from the Bristol is a small cafe of sorts that sells delicious soup in a large bowl: hot for winter, cold for summer. Toward the Old Town on the same side of the street is a more upscale restaurant suggested by the concierge called Delicacie Polska, downstairs. Beautiful and has delicious traditional food. We also ate one night in a restaurant in the old market square , the one that has the mermaid sculpture in the middle. If anyone has any other questions post them and I will see if I can be of assistance.
This discussion has been closed.