Options

Prague to Budapest, Oct 9-20th

We are booked on this cruise, anyone else joining us? It's our first river cruise and our first Tauck tour. We are looking forward to it.

Comments

• Options
    We are going on the trip leaving Oct 9th and it is also our first cruise with Tauck. I have been reading to see what to pack, etc. We are very excited!
  • Options
    Capers, glad to hear that you will be on the trip. We will be going in a day early (staying at the Marriott), since everyone says that Prague is wonderful and the first day is always a bit of a blur for me with jet-lag. Packing will probably be a bit tricky since we will need to be prepared for cooler temps.
  • Options
    We did this tour last year at this time. IT was WONDERFUL. Tauck did it wonderfully. Our tour directors, Andy and Christine were fabulous. Dress in layors. Unfortunately, it rained for most of the tour, but it really didn't matter. During the day it was very casual and the same with the evenings. The women worn, in the evening slacks/skirt with nice tops. Nothing fancy! Remember, you are with "friends" by day two and we all worn and mixed our clothes up. My husband took one sports coat and worn it one night with a tie and one night with an opened collared shirt. I'm very excited for you! ENJOY!!!!
  • Options
    lucinjo,
    We are also going a day early and will be at the Marriott. We are trying to get prepared, do some reading and decide what to do with our free day in Prague. We will fly from JFK into Prague. What about y'all?
  • Options
    Capers,
    We are flying DC to Frankfurt and then on to Prague where we arrive late morning (figure early pm to arrive at the Marriott). I think the first day we are probably going to stay on our feet as much as possible, walking around the Stare Mesto and Mala Strana areas before catching an early dinner, perhaps somewhere where Joe can try a Czech beer. Sunday morning we hope to tour the Jewish quarter and maybe a museum. By the way, we are Cindy and Joe and we hail from the Maryland suburbs of DC. We look forward to meeting you on the trip!
  • Options
    Cindy,
    You are farther ahead in the planning than we are. We will also try hard to stay up as long as we can but I haven't quite gotten to what we might do that day. We are Capers and Frank from Charleston, SC. We have a more complicated flight than necessary going to Atlanta, NYC and then Prague. You would think we could skip the Atlanta leg. We will look forward to meeting y'all as well.
    Capers
  • Options
    Wow, hard to believe that in less than 72 hours we will be heading off to Prague to begin our Blue Danube vacation. It sounds like the weather will be cool and a bit rainy (at least for the first couple of days) so be sure to pack your umbrella and raincoat! Glad the trip is finally here.
    Cindy
  • Options
    We took the Prague to Budapest trip 2 years ago in October and loved it. Pack layers as it was cold in Bratislava on Halloween (some people even had costumes). The ship was warm and cozy and we had a super duper time.
  • Options
    Lucinjo- We are Mike and Margie, dedicated Tauck travelers (Aus/New Zealand & Canadian Maritimes)
    and Charles County residents. We intend to take the Blue Danube trip in Oct 2012.
  • Options
    Lucinjo- We are Mike and Margie, dedicated Tauck travelers (Aus/New Zealand & Canadian Maritimes)
    and Charles County residents. We intend to take the Blue Danube trip in Oct 2012.
This discussion has been closed.