Options

Danube Christmas Markets

Michelle,

I've tried to reply to your last message, but haven't been able to find out how to do so since you didn't post under either the Danube or Rhine Christmas market categories, and your last post has disappeared from the recent post's list. At any rate, to try to answer your question about whether or not the snow made the sidewalks and streets slippery, for the most part, it was not an issue. Their snow removal equipment is far superior to what we have in NC since they are used to snow and we're not! The only two times I remember much being on the streets and sidewalks was in Salzburg and in Munich. In Salzburg, it really wasn't slippery--just somewhat slushy. However, it was snowing at least part of the time we were there. We also had some on the streets and sidewalks in Munich, but once again, it was snowing at the time and it was pretty much not an issue. Boots generally have treads, so they're not like regular street shoes. Also, as I stated in my earlier post, this past December had much more snow than these countries normally have that early in the winter. Your mother should be fine.
This discussion has been closed.