Tips for guides on South Africa: An elegant adventure

For those of you who have taken this tour. What's the recommended tip for the guides? What about the guides on game viewing? Do we tip them? Thank you. This is our first safari and trip with Tauck. We are looking forward to it. We'll be on May 9th tour.

Comments

• I can't speak to this exact tour, however if you check your tour under "Before you go", it will tell you which gratuities are included. Usually the only gratuity that you would have is for the Tauck tour director.
  • Yes, Kathy is correct! Just finishing our 14th tour with Tauck. Some trips do not always include tips for drivers. We have found it varies, for instance if there are a lot of different drivers in various parts of the itineraries, their tips are more likely to be included. If it is the same driver throughout, the tip may not be included, but there is usually info about this. If you read the Need to Know or Before You Go, you will find all kinds of information, weather, visas and so on. I find that people who book with travel agents are not always told about the Tauck website. we always book directly with Tauck
  • Thank you. I meant for Tauck tour director.
  • I just took this trip in October and everyone tipped the tour director. Average tip for the trip was probably around $125 - some gave less and others more. We also tipped our guides when on safari - around $5.00 a day. When we were on the buses, we did not tip. Tauck takes care of that. This was one of my best trips. Hope you have a great experience!