Options

sport jackets needed?

Since we visit National Parks on this tour, I was wondering how dressed up folks need to be. Is it necessary for men to have sport jackets? We would have more room in the suitcase if a sport jacket could be left home. But I know if most men did wear a sport jacket, my husband would want to bring his.
How dressed up do the ladies get?

Comments

• Options
    I know you folks dislike dressing up … so the answer lies somewhere in your own psyche. You will need a jacket for the weather… always changeable in the mountains. It is always nice to change for dinner, if your psyche can run to that. I always change for dinner, but of course, I am a foreigner who tries to salute my surroundings rather than continue my own, casual kitchen, attire. If in doubt, check what Tauck say in the Before you Go section for the trip.

Cheers,

Jan

• Options
    We did the Grand Canadian Rockies tour last year. About half of the men wore jackets at the Welcome Reception & Dinner and the Farewell Reception & Dinner. I wore a jacket, but it is certainly not necessary. Do what you feel most comfortable with . . . it won't matter to anyone else!
  • Options
    Sue M wrote:
    Since we visit National Parks on this tour, I was wondering how dressed up folks need to be. Is it necessary for men to have sport jackets? We would have more room in the suitcase if a sport jacket could be left home. But I know if most men did wear a sport jacket, my husband would want to bring his.
    How dressed up do the ladies get?

I agree with rabo about the fact that people might dress a little "fancier" for the welcome and farewell receptions. On the tours that I have done and this was one of them, some men wear sport jackets and ties while others do not. It is whatever they feel comfortable in. As far as the women, I usually wear a nice blouse and a pair of navy or black slacks to these dinners.

Scenery on this tour is unbelieveable. Enjoy yourself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file