Spain and Portugal Forum

Just signed up for this trip, Sept 24 departure. This will be our 7th trip with Tauck but any info on this trip from someone who has gone would be appreciated. Look forward to hearing from someone on what to expect. What to or not to bring is always helpful. Thanks

Comments

• We did this trip around the same time frame in 2012. Not sure what you want to know, but you can email me at Joyce_sw@att.net with specific questions. We arrived early and did a great wine and tapas tour in Barcelona. Also did one in San Sebastián...our favorite place on the tour.
  • This was our 1st Tauck tour in October 2012. It hooked us on Tauck! I know that the tour has changed a bit since then (adding the AVE train instead of motor coach from Cordoba to Madrid) due to guests comments, but it was fantastic. Lots of new experiences for me . . . eating grilled sardines at a Fado restaurant in Lisbon . . . staying at a converted convent in Evora . . . Flamenco dancers in Seville . . . playing golf in Marbella (that was on my own, but our TD helped me arrange it!) . . . toasting Cervantes and Don Quixote at the windmills in Consuegra . . . and so much more! You'll love it. Take a light rain jacket and an umbrella. We had a few drizzles (October is one of the rainiest months), but nothing to stop us from doing anything. And most important, take extra camera cards . . . you'll take lots of pictures!
  • Sounds like you had a fantastic time, Rabo! I'm so glad to hear!

-Tim
  • Thanks rabo for your insight, I appreciate the hints from any travelers, will definately bring rain gear! I have read some of your posts before we went on other Tauck tours. I do believe Tauck tours are the best. My only problem with this tour is I wish they would have somehow added on Barcelona, well that may be our next trip. Northern Spain!
  • I agree about adding Barcelona. I'm on the May 21st Spain and Portugal tour. Would have been a better itinerary to add a couple of days in Barcelona.
  • We would definitely have added Barcelona if my better half had not been working.
  • We have been on 5 Tauck tours and have had great experiences with all. We are interested in Spain & Portugal
    next, and were surprised that several of the reviews were somewhat negative, noting lack of activities.
    Would like to hear comments from others who have taken this trip, and also opinions on the best time of
    year to go.
  • rabo wrote:
    We would definitely have added Barcelona if my better half had not been working.

I had a search back through the threads for the link to your Spain & Portugal blog, but couldn't find it. Is it still out there, Jerry?

I'm sure the blog will be very helpful to hhr.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Unfortunately, I lost all of my older web sites when the web host service I was using stopped "hosting". I have all of my pictures, so one of these days I'll have to recreate web sites from past trips.
  • That's a shame, Jerry. I bookmarked your photos at the time and I was able to find them again yesterday, but I had, in my mind's eye, thought you had an accompanying blog. I really hope to get to Spain & Portugal one of these days soon.

Cheers,

Jan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file