What clothes should I bring?

Hey guys! Its Katie J again!! I know I have my grandma and my cousin and my parents to tell me what to wear and bring, but I was just wondering what other people have brought on the Castles and Kings tour. I really hope some of you will be on my tour, and can give me good advice!!
Thanks,
Katie!!

Comments

• Best advice … clothes you can layer. And some accessories to relieve your boredom.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Thanks, Jan!!

Will you be on the Castles and Kings Tour: London to Paris??

Thanks,
    Katie
  • Hi Katie, I am not sure what month you are traveling. I guessed you noticed the part of the Tour web page, Before You Go that gives some ideas of temperatures, so that will help, layering is the key.
    In England, the day always starts cool and then if you are lucky it can really get warm, so it's good to be able to peel off a layer. Then in the evening it's the reverse, you need to put a layer back on.
    One great thing about England is that during the summer it goes dark much later than in the US maybe as late as 10pm, I really miss not being in England for those long summer evenings. In France, it gets dark an hour later than that, yes about 11pm in the hight of summer. Of course it gets light early, as early as 3-30am in summer, I never knew that until I spent some years doing the night shift at work.
    So like the info and Jan say, layer and expect the unexpected, very hot, unusually cool, rain, no rain. Now you know why the British talk about the weather all the time.
  • Katie J wrote:
    Thanks, Jan!!

Will you be on the Castles and Kings Tour: London to Paris??

Thanks,
    Katie
    No worries, Katie. No, I won't be joining you. I'm off to Switzerland!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Jan,

Wow!! Switzerland!! Have you ever been there before?? If you have, what is it like??

Thanks,
    Katie
  • Hi Katie,

I have been to Switzerland before, but hundreds of years ago. ;) And that was only a few days in Zurich with a side trip to Lucerne. I only remember a high mountain (for me) near Zurich, a beautiful covered bridge in Lucerne and fondue. I have a lot of catching up and learning to do when I get there!

Cheers,

Jan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file