amount of walking each day

My husband and I are planning to do the Best of Ireland tour in Sept. 2015. I like to walk am worried that I will be sitting on a bus too long. For those of you who have taken this tour, were you happy with the amount of time to walk around?

Comments

• The itinerary for this tour states that there is considerable walking in the "Health and Activities section" you can swim, play tennis and play golf too on this tour. It looks as if in fact that this tour has way more walking than is usual for a Tauck tour. It's hard to define what you personally mean by saying you like to walk. I walk about 5 miles each morning 5 days a week and swim for a half hour too every day in the summer, so for me on a usual Tauck tour there is obviously a lot less walking than is usual for me. But I still feel tired, because of jet lag. Eat more than is usual. Sometimes I will swim. But I just accept that it's all part of being on vacation. I get back in my routine when I get home. I think Tauck has to cater to the 'average' Tauck traveller who is more likely to be retired, partly because Americans get so little vacation time while they are of working age. You also have to remember that a tour means you cover a lot of miles to see everything, otherwise it would make more sense to just visit one area individually and walk around to get to know it more thoroughly. It does sound though as if this Ireland trip is one of the more active tours. I have been on tours that clearly say you need to be fit and some of the group can barely walk, that can cause problems too. Enjoy!
  • Hello Pammy 59
    My wife and I just got back from this marvelous trip. We had a terrific tour and everyone else on the tour seemed to as well. So here is the deal. This is a bus tour that covers a lot of ground. But this is a Tauck tour and it is a nice bus and they take very good care of you. The scenery is magnificent and there was plenty of walking at the various destinations. There are some truly spectacular sights on this tour. The hotels are top notch and there are opportunities for golf, horseback riding etc. At Ashford Castle I went fly fishing one afternoon and the next day several of us went to the Irish School of Falconry where we were able to actually "fly falcons", and I have the pictures to prove it.
    So if you want to cover all of Ireland in two weeks you have to ride the bus. If you ride the Tauck bus you will have a great time.

Best wishes for o great trip.

Greg Jones

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file