Options

Venice, Florence, Rome - Sept 10th Tour

Looking forward to the trip in mid September. Is anyone familiar with the weather at that time? I will try hard to pack lightly..... Usually a challenge to do so! Is anyone extending their trip after the Tauck tour concludes in Rome?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Hello pp, all the information about weather is right there on the online page about your tour. So many people seem to miss this feature. Go to 'Before You Go' and scroll down to weather, it gives average high/ low temperature for each city each month and also rainfall. I always advise people to never book a trip until they have checked out the normal weather for an area of the world, so that they have the opportunity to chose a time that suits their own optimum favorite weather. For me, I do not like it too hot. My last trip to Italy was in a September and it was lovely. The Europeans are back at work and school and it is generally a little quieter everywhere. I particularly love Florence.
  • Options
    Hi PP,

The weather in Italy is temperate and unpredictable. Generally, spring and fall average high temperatures in the regions explored on this journey range from 53 to 81 °F (12 to 27 °C) and summer high temperatures range from 76 to 88 °F (24 to 31 °C), though temperatures are frequently over 90 °F (32 °C) in summer. Rain falls evenly throughout the year in Venice, but more seasonally in Rome, where summers are dryer than winters. Venice experiences very high humidity, with hot weather in July and August. Due to its location on the Adriatic coast, Venice often experiences thunderstorms and rain showers which, particularly in spring and autumn, tend to cause flooding, known as the “acqua alta”. Rainfall in Florence is twice that in Rome.

During the month of September in particular, the average highs run from 72 to 80 °F, so you'll have some warm days, but nothing too awful.

I hope this helps!

-Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file