Options

America's Canyonlands

A group of us are joining the Canyonlands tour end of Sept 2015, we are keen to go to the Monument Valley which this tour doesn't cover. Does that mean that if we take the optional flight to Monument Valley we will miss out on the incluvise 45 minutes flight over Lake Powell? Perhaps those have been are able to advise. thanks.

Comments

• Options
    You do both flights! And by the way, the optional flight is wonderful. It's a while since I did this tour now, but I think it includes getting out of the plane and doing a guided walk with a local guide and going into a Native American home. I am sure someone with a better memory than me can remember the specifics. Pretty much everyone on our tour did the optional flight.i think the alternative is to have free time at the resort.
  • Options
    A group of us are joining the Canyonlands tour end of Sept 2015, we are keen to go to the Monument Valley which this tour doesn't cover. Does that mean that if we take the optional flight to Monument Valley we will miss out on the incluvise 45 minutes flight over Lake Powell? Perhaps those have been are able to advise. thanks.
    I took this tour a few years ago. If you do the monument valley tour (which was fantastic) you do not go on the 45 minute include tour. The monument valley tour does some of the same and so much more. I do not regret the extra it cost and the memories I have of what I saw I the valley.

You take a short ride on landing into the valley to see the formations and the land around. And yes they have a teepee or something you go into and a women shows some sort of craft stuff they do. That part of memory is sketchy. I think she had some jewelry and rugs for sale. Showed how they weave rugs.
  • Options
    Thanks Crackers, at least I was correct about getting out of the plane and seeing the teepee! I am still wondering about whether we did both, but my husband is traveling so I can't pick his superbrain.
  • Options
    I have done Monument Valley with Tauck twice. Once on the Canyonlands tour a number of years ago and last year with the Bridges version of the tour. The flight to Monument Valley flies over Lake Powell and includes the highlight of that flight - the Natural Bridge formation. Part of the family on the Bridges tour only did the Lake Powell part, and when we shared photos, we realized we basically saw the same things. When you arrive at Monument Valley, you go into the Native hogan and are told about the Navajo culture before going out into the Valley to see the formations. If you are an old John Wayne Western fan, you will recognize much of the landscape because it appeared in many of his movies. I would not miss the Monument Valley flight. It is well worth the extra.
  • Options
    Hi keen traveler group of 7 of us are traveling on the Sept 28 the tour ? Are you on that tour ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file