calling US from Australia

I'm trying to contact the concierge at the Langham Hotel in Melbourne to book us a Phillips Island tour. I am trying to submit the request on the contact site of the hotel . One of the fields is my phone number and however I enter it I'm told its an incorrect integer. My US phone number is 440 915-7205. I've entered 1 and then the number. Also 0011-1- and then the number. My request will not be submitted. Can some please help? Also, when I'm in Australia how do I call the US ?

Comments

• Can you email the concierge? I forget the exact time difference, but wouldn't that be easier. Or maybe Tauck could forward the request for you. I'm nervous when people put their personal information like a phone number on a public website.
    If no one can tell you how to make calls from Australia, then the Tour guide will certainly know, or Tauck. I'm sure Jan will also know.
  • http://melbourne.langhamhotels.com.au/

There is only one Langham in Melbourne, so if you use the above address and clearly mark your email for the attention of the Concierge, together with identifying yourself as a Tauck guest, I feel sure a competent hospitality organisation will be able to deliver your email appropriately.

Cheers,

Jan

• Since most hotels that Tauck uses have free WiFi, if you have an iPhone you can make international calls free to another iPhone using FaceTime audio.
  • I have been in touch with the concierge. Here is the contact info:

Concierge
    Member of Les Clefs d'Or Australia
    The Langham, Melbourne
    One Southgate Avenue
    Southbank
    Victoria 3006
    Australia

P: (61 3) 8696 8061 F: (61 3) 9690 5889
    E: mel.concierge@langhamhotels.com
    http://melbourne.langhamhotels.com.au
  • rabo wrote:
    Since most hotels that Tauck uses have free WiFi, if you have an iPhone you can make international calls free to another iPhone using FaceTime audio.

Or to any phone for ~3¢/minute using Skype (lower bandwidth requirement if voice only).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file