Jan 3 2015 trip

Anyone out there on this trip? would love to hear from you...........

Comments

• I am not on this trip, but rather the one that starts Jan 21. However, I am having a hell of a time getting the visas. The website keeps going in circles.

Did Tauck give you any help with this? I hope so. I feel very unsupported here. If we can't get this going, we might have to cancel our trip. I hear it takes ages and time is running out. (We had to get the all-clear from a doctor so couldn't do it any sooner.)

We'd appreciate any tips you might have.

Thanks.
  • We used Pinnacle Travel that TAUCK recommends but it is still extremely tedious to do and we almost gave up too. One little mistake and they will reject the application. We eventually discovered that the form you see on screen bares no relation to what prints out, or it is in a different order than you see it. An example filled in form is shown but that does confuse you more.
  • We also used Pinnacle and they rejected out first application, called us and told us what was wrong. We fixed it and then all went well. Our passports have been returned to us already. The person we spoke to at Pinnacle was Emily Morgan. Call her and ask your questions and she will guide you
  • We are on the Jan 21st trip. It was very difficult getting our passports. I also was ready to cancel the trip. I think Tauck should let people know that it can be a messy process. We have gotten Visas for other countries (including China) w/o a problem. Cox & Kings sent out one passport and not the other. We live in the New York area and we went in ti pick up the passport that was not sent. It took two hours, with loads of people waiting as long as I did or far longer. The web site gives incorrect or poor information and is often not working. Calling in another problem. Anyway we are getting everything in order. Looking forward to the trip.
  • I am not on this trip, but rather the one that starts Jan 21. However, I am having a hell of a time getting the visas. The website keeps going in circles.

Did Tauck give you any help with this? I hope so. I feel very unsupported here. If we can't get this going, we might have to cancel our trip. I hear it takes ages and time is running out. (We had to get the all-clear from a doctor so couldn't do it any sooner.)

We'd appreciate any tips you might have.

Thanks.

I'm using the new visa service that Tauck is recommending, which when you click on the link is CIBT. I've used them for all the other visas before and never had a problem. This one is indeed more complicated and I didn't feel like trying to muddle thru it myself, so I paid the $200 extra and hired their concierge service. It's been quite easy. They stay in contact with you throughout the process.

That being said, I don't have my passport with the visa in it back yet, but so far, I've been impressed.
    Felicia

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file