Options

Welcome to Tauck’s The Blue Danube Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s The Blue Danube Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to Tauck’s The Blue Danube Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.
    Where's my post from last night? Site is not working.
  • Options
    Hi Don,

Since we've switched to the new website, we weren't able to bring all the posts from the old Ask and Share forums. If you had a question, I'll be happy to answer it for you.

Hope this helps!

-Tim
  • Options
    Hi Don,

Since we've switched to the new website, we weren't able to bring all the posts from the old Ask and Share forums. If you had a question, I'll be happy to answer it for you.

Hope this helps!

-Tim
    Thanks Tim,

I think I got the hang of it now. I do have a question though. We're river cruising in May going from Budapest to Prague. We've already received our docs. What we were wondering is if we could get an idea of the ages of our fellow cruisers and where they come from. We're not looking for names as we understand privacy issues but it would be nice to know what part of the globe our traveling companions were from.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Don P wrote:
    Thanks Tim,

I think I got the hang of it now. I do have a question though. We're river cruising in May going from Budapest to Prague. We've already received our docs. What we were wondering is if we could get an idea of the ages of our fellow cruisers and where they come from. We're not looking for names as we understand privacy issues but it would be nice to know what part of the globe our traveling companions were from.

You're welcome, Don!

Questions like the one you asked should be directed to our Guest Relations Department, which you can reach by calling 203-899-6799. Please contact them for help with this issue.

I hope you enjoy the Travel Forums! :)

-Tim
  • Options
    Thanks for the information. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
  • Options
    Don P,
    Please post the information you receive back here. Thanks. Art and I look forward to meeting you in May

Sheila
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Sheila, I wrote to Cynthia Dul, the Director of Customer Relations for some information on felllow cruisers. I asked just for what parts of the globe they are from. The phone number above either did not work or is a fax line because all I got when I dialed that number was a high-pitched sound similar to what you hear when you mistakenly dial a fax number.

We received our travel docs a couple of weeks ago so it won't be long before we're on our way. We have a couple of short trips to New Jersey to pick up one of our grandchildren for her spring break and to bring her back. So between April 13th and April 26th we'll have all the grandchildren here with us in Florida.

Carole and I are also looking forward to meeting you and your husband, Art in Budapest.

Regards,

Don P
    SheilaE wrote:
    Don P,
    Please post the information you receive back here. Thanks. Art and I look forward to meeting you in May

Sheila
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Don P wrote:
    Sheila, I wrote to [Employee Name], the Director of Customer Relations for some information on felllow cruisers. I asked just for what parts of the globe they are from. The phone number above either did not work or is a fax line because all I got when I dialed that number was a high-pitched sound similar to what you hear when you mistakenly dial a fax number.

We received our travel docs a couple of weeks ago so it won't be long before we're on our way. We have a couple of short trips to New Jersey to pick up one of our grandchildren for her spring break and to bring her back. So between April 13th and April 26th we'll have all the grandchildren here with us in Florida.

Carole and I are also looking forward to meeting you and your husband, Art in Budapest.

Regards,

Don P

Hi Don, just a few short things:
    • We'd prefer you not mention the name of any Tauck Employees in the forums, please. If you'd like, take a look at the Forum rules (located on the FAQ page, under the section titled "Travel Forums").
    • My apologies for getting the number wrong, earlier! The correct number to reach the Guest Relations Dept. is 203-899-6799. Also, I changed my earlier post to reflect that.

I hope you have a wonderful time on your riverboat cruise! :)

Best,
    Tim
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Tauck Tim wrote:
    Hi Don, just a few short things:
    • We'd prefer you not mention the name of any Tauck Employees in the forums, please. If you'd like, take a look at the Forum rules (located on the FAQ page, under the section titled "Travel Forums").
    • My apologies for getting the number wrong, earlier! The correct number to reach the Guest Relations Dept. is 203-899-6799. Also, I changed my earlier post to reflect that.

I hope you have a wonderful time on your riverboat cruise! :)

Best,
    Tim
    Sorry Tim, I did not know that rule. I got the emplyee's name from googling Tauck Customer Service. One would assume that if it's in the public domain already there would not e a problem. I will follow the rules. I am waiting for the Director of Guest Relations to respond but in the interim I will give a call to the corrected number.

Thanks again,

Don P.
  • Options
    Called Tauck customer service, sent e-mail to Director of Guest Services, sent e-mail to Tauck information address. Actually dialed all five extensions at Customer Service. Got voice mail all five times. Finally the switchboard operator answered and told me with the problems in different parts of the world such as earthquakes in Japan and Greece the customer service reps are responding to lots of inquiries. That's more than acceptable to me as my question doesn't need an immediate response. We were hoping to learn where our fellow cruisers are from. We're on the Budapest to Prague cruise departing May12th.
  • Options
    Finally heard back from Tauck Guest Services. Due to privacy issues they will not release ANY information about passengers before boarding. At boarding you get a passenger list which includes the names and general addresses of your co-cruisers (i.e. city and state or country). I suppose I understand. I thought since I wasn't asking for names, just general locations it wouldn't be a problem.
This discussion has been closed.