Feb 4, 2015 - anyone else on this?

It's going to be here soon!

Felicia

Comments

• This is coming up pretty soon. I hope this tour doesn't get cancelled due to lack of participants!
  • Yes I see the dates Do not appear to be filled. They were full last year. Suggest you call Tauck to find out their thoughts on this. Hopefully they will continue and you will have a lovely small group!
  • British wrote:
    Yes I see the dates Do not appear to be filled. They were full last year. Suggest you call Tauck to find out their thoughts on this. Hopefully they will continue and you will have a lovely small group!

I called last week and we have about 20 on the tour thus far. Maybe more last minute will join?
    I'm studying now, all the places we will visit, as there's a LOT I'm unfamiliar with.

• Felicia, hope you have a wonderful time, please keep this forum current and post a review of your trip when you return. British! I am going on my next tour in ten days!
  • I'm on the 4 Feb trip...MEH
  • I'm on the 4th trip too!
  • Hi to all:

We were on the 1/14 trip and had 20 participants, including several unaccompanied women. It was a very nice-sized group! I didn't personally take a bathing suit and, honestly, wouldn't have had time to swim if I had. Every free moment was spent taking in as many sights as possible outside of the regular itinerary. Cabs are very cheap, and the driver will wait for you (even for several hours) for something like US$4.50/hr. Don't try to flag a cab on the street yourself--getting one at the hotel is the best bet.

One recommendation: In Delhi, if you have shopping time available, take a cab to the CCIE. That stands for Central Cottage Industries Emporium, and it's stuffed with local artisans. If you're looking for fabrics or pashminas, go the the very back of the store up to the top (it's 6 stories tall), and you'll find beautiful shawls for very reasonable prices. I bought several hand-embroidered pashminas that are simply spectacular and for prices that I couldn't match anywhere else on the trip! It's also fixed price, which takes the pressure off.

Have a wonderful time!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file