kuggag storage

We will be first time Tauk travelers on the Danube Reflections Eastbound this June. As we will also be visiting Berlin and Budapest on our own, we will be gone about a month in all. I'm wondering about luggage storage. Do we store our suitcases in our rooms or can they be stored elsewhere as on some large cruise ships if necessary? We will probably each have one large bag - and maybe sharing a third one. I don't know if this sounds excessive or not but is what we normally do. I have been looking through the web site but can find no recommendation of amount of luggage.

Comments

• On the website page for your cruise, click on the tab "Before You Go" and scroll down to "Luggage Handling and Restrictions".

We cruised with a checked bag each that fit their limits (as well as Delta/Air France) and a non-wheeled carry-on each.

There is storage under the bed in your stateroom which should accommodate 2 checked bags and 2 carry-on bags. We fit all our clothes into the closet space without a problem. FYI, they provide very nice wood hangers.

Our room was a standard 150 sqft which has virtually no floor space for luggage. If you are in a larger room or suite (with walk in closet), you may have more room

Not sure about any other storage on board.
  • judy1095 wrote:
    We will be first time Tauk travelers on the Danube Reflections Eastbound this June. As we will also be visiting Berlin and Budapest on our own, we will be gone about a month in all. I'm wondering about luggage storage. Do we store our suitcases in our rooms or can they be stored elsewhere as on some large cruise ships if necessary? We will probably each have one large bag - and maybe sharing a third one. I don't know if this sounds excessive or not but is what we normally do. I have been looking through the web site but can find no recommendation of amount of luggage.
    You store all luggage in room. You really should never take more than a weeks worth of clothes and wash as you go. I started a few years ago taking a expandable 21 inch and wash shirts and underclothes in room. I read once of couple that said who cares if wear same clothes several times. Only take a few picks of yourselves. Watch Rick Steve's YouTube video of train travel with 25 inch. Also, in Venice saw a man plulling 2 25 inch thru the streets. Not a pretty sight.
  • I definitely over packed our first cruise - especially on unneeded dressy clothes. If it's not going to worn at least 3 times, it doesn't go with me. Lived and learned after that one.

The worst part was I was so close to the airline limit on the weight of my checked bag that I passed up some shopping for fear I'd go over.

Rick Steves website has some great travel info. There's a video of one of his tour guides that packs about a month's worth of clothing, etc in a carry-on bag and a tote bag.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file