Anyone going on May 30, 2015; suggestions for extra days in Cape Town and Livingstone

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are going on this journey on May 30th, 2015, anyone else joining? We are arriving a day early and staying a few days in Cape town after the tour ends. Any must see suggestions/things to do? Any fun tips?

Thanks!!

Comments

• I don't think this tour includes Robben Island where Mandela was imprisoned. This is a 'must see' but needs to be booked well in advance, you go over by ferry from Cape Town.
    Kirstenbosch Gardens-- beautiful gardens with stunning view and very localized native plants. Supposed to be the most beautiful Gardens in Africa. I attended a lecture and book signing by the Gardens Director about a year after we visited the gardens. Also the gardens has one of the nicest gift shops.
    Hospital Museum where Christian Barnard performed the first heart transplant, you go into the actual operating theaters where the donor's heart was removed and the one where the patient received the heart, all set up with manikins. There is a display all about the young girl who donated the heart and about the patient who received the heart. And all about Barnard who became quite the celeb and playboy. An excellent few hours.
  • Hi,

When in Cape Town I'd highly recommend Table Mountain and Signal Hill. Both were spectacular. If you decide to go to Table Mountain be advised that the cable car to the top can stop at any time due to weather. So when you get there if the cable car is running don't hesitate. The weather can be very fickle. No worries about getting stuck on top. If they see the weather is getting bad they will bring everyone down and not allow any one up. The cable car ride alone was worth it. Then the view from table mountain and signal will live in your memory forever. Just like the rest of this trip

Enjoy!