Options

Welcome to Tauck’s Warsaw, Budapest, Vienna & Prague Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Warsaw, Budapest, Vienna & Prague Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Options
    We are on the 9/24 trip leaving from JFK, via Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone else going that route? Earl and Judy Bronsteen ( Boca Raton/ NYC )
  • Options
    artist1926,

We are scheduled for the 9/24/11 Warsaw to Prague tour. Planning to arrive a day before the tour begins as we have found that works much better. We've heard that this is an excellent tour. It will be our 6th Tauck tour since 2002 and all have been excellent! Not flying your route but look forward to meeting you. Mark and Faye
  • Options
    Hi.

My wife and I arrive on 9/23 as well, flying from JFK through Heathrow.
    We're looking forward to a great trip.

Jean and Arthur Serating
  • Options
    Welcome to Tauck’s Warsaw, Budapest, Vienna & Prague Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.
  • Options
    My wife and I are interested in this trip around May 2012. Is anything planned, or in planning? I didn't see it on any schedule.

Joan and Dick
  • Options
    I just posted a note about a trip to Eastern Europe in 2012, signed with our first names and the note posted as using foul language. I resent not being able to use my correct name and having it called foul language.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    joank wrote:
    My wife and I are interested in this trip around May 2012. Is anything planned, or in planning? I didn't see it on any schedule.

Joan and [Foul Language]

Hi, We are interested in this trip also, probably late or mid May. Have you heard any news when the trip dates will be posted? We are planning on staying a day before the trip begins in Warsaw. We are from Scottsdale, AZ. Where are you two from?

Barb and Rich
  • Options
    Hi, We are interested in this trip also, probably late or mid May. Have you heard any news when the trip dates will be posted? We are planning on staying a day before the trip begins in Warsaw. We are from Scottsdale, AZ. Where are you two from?

Barb and Rich

I just got Tauck's new 2012 Yellow Roads of Europe brochure. We are planning on going on the Warsaw, Budapest, Vienna and Prague tour on June 2nd. Anyone else going at that time?
    Barb and Rich
  • Options
    joank wrote:

Joan and [Foul Language]

Hello,
    I am also interested in this Tauck Tour in May of 2012. I called Tauck today and was told it is definiety on the schedule for next year. Catalogs with travel dates are in the mail now.
    I am Lorene. I live in California.. I just read another post that said catalogs have been received and one of the dates is June 2nd.
  • Options
    artist1926 wrote:
    We are on the 9/24 trip leaving from JFK, via Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone else going that route? Earl and Judy Bronsteen ( Boca Raton/ NYC )

I am going on this trip next year. I am trying to decide on the time of year to go on this tour. May I ask what the weather was like on your trip in September. Have you heard anything about the weather in this area in April or October. Thank you. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    Lorene
  • Options

I went on TAUCK'S 9/24 TOUR and wrote a 55 page chronicle of our trip with fotos, facts and fun. To read this chronicle free of charge email me at artist1926@earthlink.net and I'll send you an email copy to read on your computer.
    Earl Bronsteen of Boca Raton FL.
    www.earlbronsteen.com
  • Options
    Lorene wrote:
    I am going on this trip next year. I am trying to decide on the time of year to go on this tour. May I ask what the weather was like on your trip in September. Have you heard anything about the weather in this area in April or October. Thank you. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    Lorene

I wrote a 55 page chronicle of our trip and if you'd like to receive a free copy email me at artist1926@earthlink.net
    Earl Bronsteen of Boca Raton FL
    EarlBronsteen.com
  • Options
    Went on this trip end of September 2011 and it was in low 70's and sunny most days. A bit cool in morning and evening. Layer sweater under jacket - I took a light raincoat and used it twice. Hope this helps. The trip was a moving experience, well done in every way.
  • Options
    We're booked on this trip for May 5, 2012. We're from California and plan to arrive in Warsaw 2 days early and stay in Prague for one additional day. We have been told not to miss a Klezmer concert in Cracow( at Klezmer Hois restaurant) or a meal at the Blue Duckling restaurant in Prague. Does the Tauck itinerary include either of these or should we book them indepently? Anyone want to join us? Sherry
  • Options
    Hi Shescha,
    We took this tour mid-August 2011, and loved every moment. Had a wonderful tour director, Susan Hermann. Weather was ideal.
    The Blue Duck Restaurant in Prague is not on the Tauck itinerary. However, we knew of the restaurant, and made reservations on line prior to our leaving New York. If you Google "Blue Duck Restaurant Prague" you'll see the link to "U Madre Kachnicky." It is a wonderful restaurant. Be aware that they own two Blue Duck restaurants (same name). You want the ORIGINAL one, located across the river from the Kempinski Hotel. It's a short taxi ride from the hotel, and after dinner, the restaurant will call a taxi for the return trip.
    Enjoy the tour and restaurant!
    Two very interesting sites, not covered by Tauck, and a must-see:
    In Warsaw: Poznar (spelling) Street, the only remaining buildings of the Warsaw Ghetto (about a 15 minute walk from the hotel).
    In Budapest: The Shoes Memorial, on the Pest bank of the Danube, a memorial to the Jews shot into the river by the Arrow Cross Guard.
This discussion has been closed.