Options

February 29, 2016

My husband and I just put our deposit down for this trip. Very excited to be going to Australia and New Zealand for the first time. Anyone else signed up as well?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
    My goodness! With your forum name I can only genuflect in your presence …. such is the respect with which we Australians hold the name of Desert Rat. As a WWII veteran, I imagine this journey is one you have looked forward to for many, many years. I congratulate you on your strength of character and wish you all the very best of British (and Australian) for your forthcoming journey.

Respectfully,

Jan

PS If I can assist in any way, I would be honoured.
  • Options
    My guess was Desert rat must live in the desert areas of the U.S. Which is great because when they get to Uluru they will be used to the intense heat in February. Funny
  • Options
    Do think we are talking about rodents rather than heroes, British? I guess that was a bridge too far, then.
  • Options
    Very funny
  • Options
    "British" is correct. We live in the Southern California desert and Uluru couldn't be as hot as what we're experiencing here this August! Us Desert Rats will be able to handle it, lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file