17 September 2015 trip to Botswana, South Africa, Zambia

Hello... Is anyone traveling to Botwana. SA and Zambia , Tour 17 September.

We booked out airline tickets to get there on the 17th Morning...Is it important to get in a day early.

Does it make a big difference.

Thanks

Comments

• The tour begins at 5pm with a reception, beautiful train ride and 5 course dinner, boy are you going to be tired! When we go next year we will be arriving two full days early which I would say is a minimum number of days to allow before an Africa tour, lots of pre-dawn starts are the norm.
  • After much checking, we were able to get our flights using miles traveling business. We arrive the day before the tour begins. In this case, it is the Sept. 3 tour next year and we arrive Sept. 2 at 12:45 p.m. British suggested 2 full days early. I could keep watching to see if an earlier departure opens up. Would like to hear about how early others have arrived for this particular tour. Thanks all.
  • I arrived 5 days early, as I went to the Lower Zambezi for a few nights prior to the tour. I have been on two Africa Safaris and find that when flying business class from the west coast, the jet lag is almost nil for me. I am able to sleep on the flight, thus minimizing the jet lag. This is just MY experience though. I am jealous, as I would love to do this tour again. My biggest surprise was that I loved Cape Town. Even though British stated that it was wonderful, I was still not looking forward to that portion of the tour but it was fabulous. I can totally see myself living there in Camps Bay, with a beautiful ocean view. Maybe someday.

The first night is lovely on the train but as British said, it is a long day. I am an early riser so the early starts never bothered me. Enjoy!