Level of activity/fitness

We are on the April 11, 2016 departure of the Cruising the Land of the Rising Sun,

I noticed the review of this trip from someone who travelled about the same time in 2015. They indicated that it was a strenuous trip. My husband has some walking restrictions, i.e. mostly how long he can walk.

Can someone who has been on this trip tell us about the difficulty of walking during the tours on the trip?

We have been on river cruise with Tauck and took advantage of the "gentle walkers" group. Since this trip is different, in that we will be a smaller group as part of the larger group on the ship, will the Tauck group (with its own tours) be broken into smaller groups for the walking tours?

Any help about the level of fitness required would be greatly appreciated. We don't want to make our final payment and then discover that the trip is not feasible for us. THe description from Tauck indicates about the same level as it did for our river trip.

Thank you for any help.

Jan

Comments

• I think this requires a phone call to Tauck who are always helpful. I hope you can go, Japan is one of my favorite countries
  • Our apologies that this is too late to answer the question posed by "Travel Fever" but if you have the same concerns for future trips, this tour has a LOT of walking, and stair climbing on old stone steps, and wooden stairways in the samurai castles, and at the temples and shrines. To be able to truly enjoy this tour of Japan, it is important to meet the standards mentioned by Tauck to be able to enjoy this trip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file