Options

Flight Planning Tools

Someone mentioned on a different post using www.seatguru.com for help in choosing a flight. We've used it and find it a very helpful site. One of the features we've used is to see the plane's seat layout along with comments about them. Example, on our last flight to Europe it recommended NOT picking some bulkhead economy comfort seats on a Delta flight. My husband voted to pick them anyway for the extra leg room and boy was that a mistake. Noise and disruption all night from the adjacent galley and restroom just as the site said. It also has other helpful advice on planes and airports.

This week our Sunday paper's travel column recommended a site called www.routehappy.com. Seatguru currently only lets you search for flights with economy, business and first class seats. Routehappy adds premium economy. Also lets you see what other features like wifi are on the flight.

I'm not recommending either site for actually purchasing your tickets (in fact I'm not even sure you could on routehappy) but they are useful for getting an idea of what flights and amenities are out there before you book your flights. Am hoping Tauck has another plane fare deal next spring before we buy tickets for our Jun 2017 cruise.