Options

Switzerland plug adapters

What type of adapter do I need for Switzerland? Traveling on the July 8th trip.

Comments

• Options
    I believe they all use the european style - 2 round plugs. The hotel we were at in Basel used that kind. If you've gotten your green Tauck travel book it should have some information in it. You can also check the Before You Go and Accommodations page on the website here for your specific tour.
  • Options
    Yes, every country in Europe (except the UK) uses the same round two pin plug for ungrounded appliances. If you need a grounded plug, they are more country specific. Do a search on the web or Amazon for "Switzerland grounded adapter."
  • Options
    I agree with ken, best advice is to see if you could buy or take a look at the adapter's and then see were you could go from there.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    If you're doing any amount of traveling I'd suggest getting a couple of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/Insten-Universal-Travel-Charger-Adapter/dp/B000YN01X4
    They will change pretty much any plug into any plug. I've used mine all over the world, haven't found a socket that they won't fit yet.
    (Edit: Just noticed it's too late for your trip but maybe others have the same question ;p)