Boulders Beach/ Penguins

Does anyone know if the tours in Cape Town include seeing the penguin colony? I am staying a couple of days after the tour is ending, and if not, I'll make my own arrangements to go see them. But if so, I don't want to go twice.

Thanks.
Felicia

Comments

• I am about to do the Botswana tour and I am not convinced that we will go to see the cute penguins or I feel it would be mentioned in the daily activities. Hopefully someone who has been will reply, or Felicia, I would call Tauck and ask them. In reading the itinerary, the Cape Town part of the tours do not overlap in activities too much, for instance, no Robben Island on this tour.
  • British - Are you on the June 24 departure of this trip?
  • No, September, having booked the tour a long time ago, it now seems very near.
  • Hi British,
    I didn't see a response on this question. Did the tour take you to a penguin colony? Our tour begins Aug 26th. We will be adding one night at Zambia and two nights in Cape Town. Thanks
  • Yes we did visit the Penguins, but only because the sea was too rough for the whale watching so we did the penguins instead
  • We just got back from this tour;As British pointed out depending on the sea conditions it is either the Seal Island/whale watching or the Boulders Beach.We went to the Seal Island on our tour.Because we had time the next day with our fllght not until 7:30 PM,we were able to take a car from the hotel (one and only) for a reasonable cost and went to Boulders Beach.It took us about 3 hours for the trip.It is unfortunate that the tour does not have both the Seal island and Boulders beach covered in the same trip but time is a factor as I understand.These 2 sites are adjacent; we ended up going back all the way again.