Ms Joy Eastbound July 7th

Anyone going? My husband and I are going with 6 other couples. Our first river cruise. Staying an extra night in Prague as well as Budapest. Any suggestions for must see's or do's? Thanks.

Comments

• Anyone going? My husband and I are going with 6 other couples. Our first river cruise. Staying an extra night in Prague as well as Budapest. Any suggestions for must see's or do's? Thanks.
    For Prague, cross the St. Charles bridge to Karmelitska St.{Street signs are posted on the side of buildings} and turn
    left. Just past intersection with Trzste St. look for signs to Vrtbovska Gardens. Lovely place. Continue one block to Church of Infant Jesus. Across the street look for a sign to Ferdinanda Restaurant. Locals eat there. It is in a cellar.
    While in Prague, forget the wine and drink the beers. Prague is very beautiful
  • Thanks wildcat03. Restaurant is noted and we plan to go our first night in Prague. Thanks so much for your recommendation!
  • Thanks wildcat03. Restaurant is noted and we plan to go our first night in Prague. Thanks so much for your recommendation!
    Ferdinanda is better for lunch. For places with a little more atmosphere you might try Kolkovne or Golum. Golum is in the Jewish Quarter. Both are in easy walking distance from the Intercontinental. If you go to Kolkovne, make reservations to eat downstairs which is no-smoking. Both places serve local cuisine at reasonable prices{large portions}.Must try the Pilsner beers. Nice places for dinner. Food on the boat is excellent. Wife and I will take this trip again.
  • We're into Prague a day early also. Any suggestions for sites to see that won't be repeated on the Tauck tours?
  • Greg K wrote:
    We're into Prague a day early also. Any suggestions for sites to see that won't be repeated on the Tauck tours?
    Sorry about being late to reply. Wife and I were travelling again. You may already have taken the trip. Take the walk that I mentionrd across the river . Just walking around the city will be a delight.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file