October 2016 Grand Australia and New Zealand

So excited to be taking this tour in October but not sure what to pack clothing wise. I know it will be spring like weather but are we talking 70's or 50's? Slacks and long sleeves or shorts? Raincoats or sweatshirts? Only 98 more days but who's counting. Would welcome information from anyone who has been there in October. Thanks.

Comments

• If you go to the tour page and open the tab Before you Go, you will find a section on weather, temperatures and rainfall. Just before you leave for your tour you can go to your favorite weather website and enter each city and look for the ten day forecast for a more accurate forecast.
  • Meagansmamaw: When are you leaving in October? I will be on the October 10th trip, traveling from North Carolina. There has been very little posted in this forum recently. Is anyone as excited as I am?
  • So excited to be taking this tour in October but not sure what to pack clothing wise. I know it will be spring like weather but are we talking 70's or 50's? Slacks and long sleeves or shorts? Raincoats or sweatshirts? Only 98 more days but who's counting. Would welcome information from anyone who has been there in October. Thanks.

Australia is a big country almost the same area as the USA. Try to think of us in the same manner as you would if you were doing a trip across the States in your Spring. The weather in Melbourne could be quite similar to Chicago whilst the weather in Cairns would be like Honolulu. The Rock will be quite warm in the day time but our centre gets quite cool in the evenings particularly in Spring. If you pack clothing that can be easily layered you won't have any problems but don't forget your swimming costume (togs) because the waters around the great barrier reef in October will be just perfect.

I know I'm biased but I think Australia is the best place to visit in our Spring. Have a great holiday.
  • Meagansmamaw: When are you leaving in October? I will be on the October 10th trip, traveling from North Carolina. There has been very little posted in this forum recently. Is anyone as excited as I am?

My wife & I will also be on the trip beginning October 10th in Melbourne - traveling from Massachusetts. We will be arriving early (Friday - Oct 7th) to adjust to jet leg and the time differences. Hope to do some independent sight-seeing before hand. We look forward to meeting you.

John & Sue C
  • Look forward to meeting you, John and Sue. I will be arriving early a.m. on the 9th. I know we will all have a memorable trip. It will be here before we know it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file