Grand Australia and New Zealand tour in August 2016

Has anyone else been on this tour in August. Looking for guidance on weather and what to pack as it is for 3 weeks.

Comments

• You will need to pack for cool weather for most of the places you will be visiting in Australia and colder and possibly snow in New Zealand, like in Queenstown. As usual, it's good to wear layers, take sensible shoes with a good grip and an umbrella. We enjoyed visiting Australia at that time of year, Uluru is certainly lovely then and it avoids the flies that you would get during the summer. Melbourne was a little cool but other than that we did not need coats. New Zealand we toured in their summer. Everyone mentions a launderomat in Sydney but we did not use it and I think there are facilities at at least one of the other hotels. If you read all the past forum posts you will find lots more input from people. Some of the hotels have changed, but the trips are basically the same.
  • Thank you British! I have looked on the internet for the average temps in all locations and you concur with my research. The lower temps will be quite lovely for me. I live in the Midwest and am tired of being quarantined to my house due to the daily heat advisories we have experienced over the last 5 weeks. I can't wait to be outside again!
  • When are you going on your trip? I am on the Aug. 15th - Sept. 3rd trip and am looking forward to cooler weather. Supposed to be 90 here on Saturday.
  • pumpkin1 wrote:
    When are you going on your trip? I am on the Aug. 15th - Sept. 3rd trip and am looking forward to cooler weather. Supposed to be 90 here on Saturday.
    Looking forward to the trip ourselves - one week to go!
  • I am going on the March 2, 2017 Grand Australia and New Zealand tour---any advise on what to expect for weather, what to pack, etc. I will be traveling from Florida. Thanks in advance
  • edited August 2016
    You can find all the info on the page for the tour, just open the different tabs in Before You Go and What to Pack

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file