The packing list for this tour includes "Rain poncho and collapsible umbrella."
I am hoping someone who has been on this trip could give some advice about how necessary it is to bring one or both of these items. I try to pack as light as I can... bringing only what I really need.
Poncho? Umbrella? Both? Neither?
For example, do you use the poncho more that once?
* If using a poncho only once for a brief time, maybe you suggest bringing one of those lightweight, disposable ones they sell at/for sporting events... so that you use it and leave it behind?
* Or... if only using a poncho once/briefly, do they sell them there at a reasonable price - so you might recommend simply buying it there (and ideally leaving it behind)?
* However, if you use a poncho a few times and/or for an extended hike (or similar)... is it better to bring one from home that is lightweight, but more substantial than a disposable, plastic stadium poncho?
Thank you in advance for weighing in on this!
>>> In case it matters, I am traveling in September.