Options

Portrait of India Feb 2, 2016

I will be on the Portrait of India tour on Feb 2 with my husband. We will be arriving on Feb 1st. Would anyone like to join us on some tours?

Comments

• Options
    Tours? Chose one and rest up, this is a long and tiring tour and you are only arriving the day before. On our shorter Spotlight tour, more than half the group were tired out before the end of the tour and missed out on some of the tours.
  • Options
    Lespam,
    British does make a good point that you do not necessarily want to overdo, but... you are in New Delhi and you want to see and explore! I am taking the Portrait tour in mid February 2017 (however, I will be traveling in Asia for a week prior to my tour so I should be properly unwound from my hectic work schedule to be relaxed and acclimated to the time change --fingers crossed. That being said, many flights from the USA arrive in the wee hours of the morning - so check to see when you arrive! The actual touring from Tauck begins on Day 2 so in actuality you seem to have 2 days prior to the actual touring but this depends on when you arrive in Delhi. And most important, you have to know yourself. Will you be able to sleep on the flight over?? How do you deal with jet lag?? How will you hold up with many early morning departures throughout the trip?? Personally, I keep moving and enjoying! I do not want to miss anything!! After most of my 'vacations', I need an R&R vacation but instead I just go back to work and start planning the next trip!

I will have one full day in Delhi prior to the tour - I am thinking of hiring a driver to take us somewhere (not sure yet!!), but I want to make it an early evening to bed to be refreshed and ready for the Tauck experience. If you go to the Spotlight of India section on the forum, there are some great suggestions about options for independent tours in Delhi. British, Joyce and Milena have posted wonderful suggestions...

Happy planning....February will be here soon!!
    Nanccy
  • Options
    Nanos wrote:
    Lespam,
    British does make a good point that you do not necessarily want to overdo, but... you are in New Delhi and you want to see and explore! I am taking the Portrait tour in mid February 2017 (however, I will be traveling in Asia for a week prior to my tour so I should be properly unwound from my hectic work schedule to be relaxed and acclimated to the time change --fingers crossed. That being said, many flights from the USA arrive in the wee hours of the morning - so check to see when you arrive! The actual touring from Tauck begins on Day 2 so in actuality you seem to have 2 days prior to the actual touring but this depends on when you arrive in Delhi. And most important, you have to know yourself. Will you be able to sleep on the flight over?? How do you deal with jet lag?? How will you hold up with many early morning departures throughout the trip?? Personally, I keep moving and enjoying! I do not want to miss anything!! After most of my 'vacations', I need an R&R vacation but instead I just go back to work and start planning the next trip!

I will have one full day in Delhi prior to the tour - I am thinking of hiring a driver to take us somewhere (not sure yet!!), but I want to make it an early evening to bed to be refreshed and ready for the Tauck experience. If you go to the Spotlight of India section on the forum, there are some great suggestions about options for independent tours in Delhi. British, Joyce and Milena have posted wonderful suggestions...

Happy planning....February will be here soon!!
    Nanccy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file