Options

Best Season To Go?

What are best months to take the Kenya & Tanzania trip. I have heard about the dry season, the wet season, the heat, the dust, mud, ect. I realize there may be pros and cons to each season, but I am not sure what they are. Also, when are the Serengeti migrations and is it worth planning a trip around them?

I could use some advice!

Comments

• Options
    My friend and I traveled late May, the end of the "short rains" and had lovely weather in the mid-70s to 80s, and a bit of rain each night. It was too cool to use the hotel pools, but we needed a mid-day rest more than a dip in the pool. We had one long travel day that it rained all day, but really didn't notice the weather much, we were too enamored with the wildlife. We caught a short bit of the wildebeest migration as well. Awe inspiring. See: http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MONichols/page-3.html
  • Options
    Just returned from the Tanzania to Zanzibar tour in mid to the end of February. I did not see one mosquito at all. It was around 85 - 90 degrees, very nice. It rained for a couple of hours one day and then one night but it helps to control the dust so it's a good thing depending on time of day. There were a couple of days where flies showed up for an hour here or there but no real issues this time of year on our trip. We did not need to use repellant one time.

Josie :)
This discussion has been closed.