Welcome to Tauck’s Warsaw, Budapest, Vienna & Prague, Jewish Heritage Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Warsaw, Budapest, Vienna & Prague, Jewish Heritage Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Is anyone going on the early Sept trip 2013 ?

• My husband and I are looking at the May 2014 Jewish Heritage Tour. We would appreciate any comments from 2013 travelers. We both have walking issues so we will need to know how strenuous this tour is. Thank you. sue
  • We are also considering May 2014 will be checking back here to see reviews of 2013 trip
    Why choose river over land trip? Advantages/disadvantages? Are guides knowledgeable?
    Also would like to know about food, did anyone request kosher rather than vegetarian?
    Was it of good standard (as reviews suggest regular meals are) and varied menu?
  • How many people are on the Aug 10 Jewish Heritage trip to Eastern Europe?
  • Hello Susan,

As of this posting there are a total of 28 guests on this departure. Please note that this number can change as we approach the departure date.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • I am trying decide between the regular warsaw, budapest, vienna and prague tour vs the jewish heritage tour. My children want the regular tour but my husband amd I want the jewish heritage. Did you compare the two tours? Do you know what you would miss from the regular tour or jewish tour if we pick the other? Do you know how jewish the jewish tour is?
    thanks so much.
  • Emily: How many people are now reserved on the 8/9/14 Heritage Tour? Thx
  • I am trying decide between the regular warsaw, budapest, vienna and prague tour vs the jewish heritage tour. My children want the regular tour but my husband amd I want the jewish heritage. Did you compare the two tours? Do you know what you would miss from the regular tour or jewish tour if we pick the other? Do you know how jewish the jewish tour is?
    thanks so much.

We opted for the traditional tour last May and loved it. Most of the group (about 75%) was Jewish and almost 100% of the group made the trip to Auschwitz. One concentration camp was definitely enough to visit. All of the cities we visited had historical significance for Jews and as a group we visited all of them. Some of the cities still have "Jewish Quarters" , some in ruins, some full of life. These were included in the main itinerary of the whole group. On some days due to time constraints and/or the interests of the group there were alternative tours schedule simultaneously, some concentrating on the famous churches, some on the synagogues. In many cases it was possible to visit whichever ones you missed during the free time.

Its a wonderful tour with beautiful, interesting cities included. Two things that were not included : the recently opened Jewish museum in Warsaw, (it was not officially opened but our guide was able to arrange a short walk-thru) and a Klezmer concert in Krakow. We secured reservations for this event on our own, when asked, our tour director wound up getting a group of 20+ together for a private concert and provided van transportation. Ask, and you may be pleasantly surprised.
  • shescha wrote:
    We opted for the traditional tour last May and loved it. Most of the group (about 75%) was Jewish and almost 100% of the group made the trip to Auschwitz. One concentration camp was definitely enough to visit. All of the cities we visited had historical significance for Jews and as a group we visited all of them. Some of the cities still have "Jewish Quarters" , some in ruins, some full of life. These were included in the main itinerary of the whole group. On some days due to time constraints and/or the interests of the group there were alternative tours schedule simultaneously, some concentrating on the famous churches, some on the synagogues. In many cases it was possible to visit whichever ones you missed during the free time.

Its a wonderful tour with beautiful, interesting cities included. Two things that were not included : the recently opened Jewish museum in Warsaw, (it was not officially opened but our guide was able to arrange a short walk-thru) and a Klezmer concert in Krakow. We secured reservations for this event on our own, when asked, our tour director wound up getting a group of 20+ together for a private concert and provided van transportation. Ask, and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Hi, I going to Poland in this summer, exactly I going to Krakow, I have a question. My stay in Poland is organized but I want to visit Auschwitz on my own, It's possible? I have a Taxi to and from airport, I going to visit Wieliczka Salt Mine, everything with big group, ..., I read something and find some transfer company (just like Krakowdirect, or MPK -public transport in Krakow ) Is possible to go there in one day? And what way I have to choose?

I really want to go there "quiet and alone"

Thanks,
  • edited August 2014
    Hi, I going to Poland in this summer, exactly I going to Krakow, I have a question. My stay in Poland is organized but I want to visit Auschwitz on my own, It's possible? I have a Taxi to and from airport, I going to visit Wieliczka Salt Mine, everything with big group, ..., I read something and find some transfer company (just like Krakowdirect, or MPK -public transport in Krakow ) Is possible to go there in one day? And what way I have to choose?

I really want to go there "quiet and alone"

Thanks,

Stepevortty- It appears by this and your other posts on this website, you are not a Tauck traveler and are unlikely to become one any time soon. If you are a general traveler or just practicing English and not a traveler at all, this might not be the best website for you. The Tauck website is a place where past, present, and prospective Tauck travelers can discuss Tauck tour topics. I suggest you join TripAdvisor or some other general travel website where you are more likely to get answers to your non-Tauck tour related questions or comments, or a website where non-English speakers can practice English. I apologize if I am incorrect in my assumption about your motives.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file