Weather - September 19 South Africa: Elegant Adventure

Document book did not mention this time frame. What are the average early morning and day time temperatures in Kruger Natl Park and the Sabi Game Reserves?

Comments

• Planning a trip Sept 2015 to South Africa. Is Sept a good month?
  • Godfather wrote:
    Document book did not mention this time frame. What are the average early morning and day time temperatures in Kruger Natl Park and the Sabi Game Reserves?
    It is extremely cold in the early mornings. You will need coat, hat, gloves at the beginning of the game drives until the sun comes up. The jeeps provide blankets to snuggle under. During the day it can get hot but game drives are early morning and late afternoon to miss the heat and get the best chance of seeing the wildlife. As soon as it gets dark the temps start to fall again.
  • For myself I didn't find it extremely cold as British did, but it was certainly was very chilly in the morning. I went last September and I though it was a great time to go. Saw lots of wildlife and other than the chilly mornings, I found the weather to be delightful.
  • I also went in September, or maybe August I think! Although we never find it as cold as most others on Tauck tours, it was cold. I certainly had to put gloves on. Maybe I should not have said extremely, because clearly it is not the Arctic. And it is a lovely time to go. At other times of the year, the weather in Cape Town can be a challenge, so bare that in mind when you chose a time to go.
  • Hello Godfather : I am going on this trip in a few weeks and I have been checking weather in all the major places we are going on weather.com. Skukuza is the city to opt for in checking weather in Kruger. I am expecting weather from the 50's F into the 90's overall...layers, layers, layers seems to be the name of the game.I do think Sept is warmer than August by quite a bit from what people I know who have been there have said, but Mother Nature always has surprises in store for we mere mortals.
  • Thanks to all of you that responded to my question on weather for the September 19th trip. It definitely looks like layers will be the answer. Just trying to minimize what we have to take given luggage weight restrictions.