Essence of South America February 13, 2015

For those of you joining us on this tour it looks like we will be in Bariloche for Mardi Gras on February 17. Any idea of what kind of celebration (if any) they do there?

Comments

• We were in Argentina for Halloween so we made our own party. I took paper masks and wore them for a group meal. Folks loved it and many borrowed the masks (our group of six wore masks for the main six characters in wizard of Oz) to text home photos to their family.

Too bad you won't be in Rio for Mardi Gras/Carnaval. Would have loved that.
  • Hi Jim and Stacy...Johnny and I will be joining you on the February 13th, Essence of SA trip. We really look forward to meeting you and others on this trip. Where are you from? We live in Raleigh, North Carolina and will be arriving on the 12th. This will be our 4th trip with Tauck and look forward to it immensely!

Frances
  • Hi !
    My husband and I are traveling on this trip, with friends ...we are from Dayton Oh, and South Carolina.
    I am really wanting to bring the right curling iron that will not blow up....even with adapters, I had this problem in France....
    Can anyone recommend a brand, type, etc...would love to just buy one that works!
    Thanks, and we are really looking forward to the trip as well.
    Debbie Proud...
  • @MinnieMouse We really look forward to meeting you both, too. we're from southern California, and this trip will be our 5th with Tauck.
  • Deb

I have a flat iron from Sally's beauty supply. It is red. Don't know if you have them where you live. It has various temperature settings. I started low and kept raising gradually for the heat I needed. My very expensive curling iron brush did blow up there though. Hope this helps. I cannot remember if i needed a converter or just an adapter.
    The hair dresser in the Buenos Aires hotel is great. A man. Does a wonderful job. I think his name begins with an "F"
  • I have a curling iron that automatically changes 125/250 current. Then I used a converter for the plugs. It is JilberNano Silver by Conair Professional. I think I found it at Sally Beauty. It worked great in France as did a blow dryer that can be changed for the current. We are leaving on Wednesday to go to Santiago to meet the Patagonia tour that also begins Feb. 13. Happy travels to all!
    Nancy
  • Hi y'all -- we are considering this trip for next spring, and I wonder if Minnie from Raleigh would be willing to share an email with us? My husband Dennis and I also live in Raleigh, and we have some questions about the gondolas/cable cars, heights, hikes, and general experience….
    mazalea2012@yahoo.com is my email. Thank you! Maryanne
  • Hi y'all -- we are considering this trip for next spring, and I wonder if Minnie from Raleigh would be willing to share an email with us? My husband Dennis and I also live in Raleigh, and we have some questions about the gondolas/cable cars, heights, hikes, and general experience….

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file