Options

camera equipment and weight limits

We are going on the elegant adventure trip on May 8th. I am struggling with the carry on limit. On our flights from Johannesburg to Cape Town we can have a carry on and a hand bag and that works fine. But on the tour flights we are limited to one carry on bag with no hand bag with a 15lb weight limit. I have a camera and three lenses that take up the 15 lbs, I can make the dimension limits but not the weight limit. Does anyone know if you can pay a fee for the extra weight or if there are other options. I have read several posts where I am sure people take more equipment than this but I don't know how they do this and get around the weight limits. Can you wear a camera vest and put some of your items in pockets? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I was thinking about your question when you posted it on the K & T page and seeing that this seems to be only on the in-country flights I rethought my response. On the K & T in-country flights we were able to put our carry-on item in the luggage section even though it is written that we only can have one checked bag. You then take your personal item on the flight with you. In fact, I remember that as being the "norm." I don't know if that is the situation on the South African tour, but hopefully someone will chime in here and give you some help.

Good Luck and Happy Trails.
  • Options
    ndvb wrote:
    I was thinking about your question when you posted it on the K & T page and seeing that this seems to be only on the in-country flights I rethought my response. On the K & T in-country flights we were able to put our carry-on item in the luggage section even though it is written that we only can have one checked bag. You then take your personal item on the flight with you. In fact, I remember that as being the "norm." I don't know if that is the situation on the South African tour, but hopefully someone will chime in here and give you some help.

Good Luck and Happy Trails.

Thank you very much. That is very helpful
  • Options
    Brian, just posted an answer on the K and T thread, call Tauck now before they close for the day for clarification
  • Options
    Brian, how did it work out with your camera equipment? We are on the September 11 trip.

Thanks
  • Options
    Brian, how did it work out with your camera equipment? We are on the September 11 trip.

Thanks