Danube Family Riverboat Adventure - Aug 7th 2015

Hi,
I would like to know the age breakdown for the Aug 7th 2015 Blue Danube:Family Riverboat Adventure Cruise.

We are planning to stay in Budapest for 2 days prior to the cruise. Would like suggestions on what we can do/places we can visit that will not be covered by Tauck city tour on the 7th.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi pinkshoes,

There are approximately 42 different kids of varying age on this departure, running the gamut from 7 years of age to 17, both male and female. You and your family should have no trouble finding people to spend time with.

I hope this helps!

-Tim
  • Awesome - thanks. This is helpful to know. Is it possible to get a age breakdown
  • edited January 2015
    Pink shoes, Tim is always very obliging, but because your trip is not until August, it might be better to ask him this question a lot nearer the time because believe it or not the numbers can change right up until the last minute as people change their minds about the trip, illness, something happening in the country that might frighten people ,like the terrorist attacks or Ebola outbreaks, you get the picture. My suggestion would be to call Tauck about the week before you go to ask them then in case Tim isn't around to answer your question. Their agents will have the numbers right there on their webpage I would think. On our last tour because it was Africa last summer, numbers obviously changed daily because of the terror attacks, it was nice in the end not to have a full group, but not for Tauck of course or the local economy.
  • Hi pinkshoes,

I'm afraid that for privacy reasons, what I've already told you is the most I really can tell in advance of the trip. Sorry!
    (Also, there are 42 children booked at this point, like I said -- that would be a long, long list.)

-Tim
  • edited January 2015
    Thanks Tim for the response - would like to clarify the question. I was looking for age bands similar to postings in other threads - for example <10, 10-15 and 15+ or something like that not specific ages. i understand that this might be very preliminary and subject to cancellations. But it would be good to have this information to have the right set of expectations
  • pinkshoes,

FYI, we are booked for this cruise with our 7 & 11 year old sons.
  • Hi pinkshoes,

I think I might still be missing something -- are you looking for information on what ages are appropriate for this trip? We design them for families, with activities that people of every age would find appealing. We have a minimum recommended age of 8 years of age or older for this journey, so too much younger than that is not advisable. Also, day two of the program includes a controlled white water rafting excursion; children must be at least 12 years of age to participate in that activity, but there is a replacement activity for children who are too young or for those who do not wish to participate. Is that what you were looking for?

-Tim
  • My 11 year old daughter Kelley and I just booked this Danube river cruise today, this is our second Tauck Bridges trip (Alpine Adventure 2014) , and we can't wait. I was told today that there are now over 50 "Kids" book on this cruise, ages from 7-20 years old. There are 24 girls and 26 boys. Hope that helps. Kathryn and Kelley
  • As a follow up to Tim, you mention white water rafting. I didn't see that in the itinerary. Where do we do that and can you tell me more about it?
  • wheelerskw wrote:
    My 11 year old daughter Kelley and I just booked this Danube river cruise today, this is our second Tauck Bridges trip (Alpine Adventure 2014) , and we can't wait. I was told today that there are now over 50 "Kids" book on this cruise, ages from 7-20 years old. There are 24 girls and 26 boys. Hope that helps. Kathryn and Kelley
    We will also be travelling with our 11 year old daughter Lexi! Hope the girls can meet and get to know each other :)
    Lynne
  • We will be there with two boys (one will turn 15 a few weeks before the cruise and the other is 12).

After reading some of the other posts in the forum section, please allow this father today say, "they are well behaved and truly nice guys. "

My only request for Tauck on this trip-- feel free to withhold food from them. I want to do everything possible to stop them from growing (it's happening way too fast).

• We are on this cruise with our 13 year old daughter. Does anyone know how dressed up the Vienna palace evening is? I know sport coat for men, but what about attire for women?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file