Castles and Kings June 26th

We are really looking forward to our third Tauck experience this summer. Ireland and Peru did NOT disappoint... and we have heard wonderful things with regard to this upcoming trip. My husband and I will be traveling with our 16 year old daughter, our 12 year old son and my father. Wondering if anyone else will be traveling with grandparents and if any children might be of similar age?

Comments

• If Tauck Tim sees your post, he should reply, but if not, call Tauck and they may be able to give you a general idea, but wait until nearer the trip date, people cancel and breakdown of numbers change. Grandparents-- well I am a grandparent but hope that does not define how I might look or behave!
  • Hi Ckostecki,

There is a good spread of children on this departure, with the young men running from 7-12 in age and young women from 12-18. There are also a few young men and women whose ages were not supplied. I think you and your grandchildren should have no trouble finding people to spend time with!

-Tim
  • I am traveling with my 12-year old grandson on this trip. He is a little shy, but will probably be happy to meet another boy his age. I am leaving my husband at home with the cats this time. This will be my 3rd Bridges trip. We took our granddaughter on the other two--Rome to Naples, and Danube Cruise.
  • edited June 2015
    We will be traveling with our 8 year old son. This is our first Tauck trip and his first trip abroad. We are all very excited! Glad to see that there are several other children on the trip. Look forward to meeting everyone!

We are booked at the Hyatt Regency in London and I see it is under construction, which makes me a little uncertain about the accommodations. Has anyone heard anything about the Hyatt in London in recent trips that would assuage my concerns? Thank you!
  • This is part of an email I received recently from The Churchill:

Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill is currently undergoing a multimillion-pound renovation encompassing many of the hotel’s guestrooms and suites, which will be complete by late summer. International interior designer DeSallesFlint will redesign each room using only the most luxurious fabrics and finishes. The result will be spaces that offer an elegant, sophisticated and contemporary ambience, with each renovated room featuring advanced technology and walk-in jet showers.

The hotel, along with The Montagu, The Churchill Bar & Terrace and Locanda Locatelli, will remain fully operational during this time. The hotel’s banqueting and conference facilities will remain closed until 1 July 2015. Throughout the work, the hotel will do everything possible to minimise disruption, including isolating floors, and noise will be restricted to the working hours of 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday, and 10 am to 3 pm on Saturday. We thank you for your continued support.

As you can see, technically this is more of a renovation than a construction and something many hotels are undertaking constantly. For my part I'm not concerned and yes, I understand people always put a positive spin on things. But it does mean that a hotel of this calibre will do all they can to keep their guests happy. Hopefully you are reassured, too.

Cheers,

Jan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file