Options

Day early arrival

We will be arriving early Sunday morning a full day before our tour starts. We know we will be doing The Louve and Tuileries Garden post Bon Marche on Tuesday and Wednesday morning, but not sure of other specifics. We hope to get full days of sightseeing in on Sunday and Monday morning and don't want to be redundant from other things we may already be doing.
We are considering Musee Orsay, Orangeris, Montmartre, Notre Dame , Invaldies, Rodin and the like. Any other major suggestions or deletions based on things we may already be doing.
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    You wont really have two full days. Your day of arrival you will be pretty sleep deprived. I think you will only have time to see a few of the things on your wish list. I loved the Musee D'Orsay, but there are usually long lines, so I would leave that until your second day if it is high on your list, making sure what the opening days and times are, because I can't remember, and be sure to be in line well before opening time or purchase your tickets ahead of time on line. I am sure you will be seeing some of the sites from your city tour. How about seeing how you feel on your arrival day, checking in at the hotel, taking a shower, taking in a stroll and sitting outside of a real French café. order a real croque monsieur for lunch and a glass of wine, followed by coffee, and soaking in the local atmosphere, getting in the daylight which will help you get over your jetlag more quickly. This from someone who has spent a lot of time in France, though only once to Paris. I actually prefer the French countryside on the whole, especially the Loire area.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file