Options

Pre cruise Budapest

We are arriving in Budapest a couple of days early.

Any word on "what" the cruise tour will cover in Budapest so we can avoid duplication?

Comments

• Options
    I went for tour of the Parliament Building, synagogue, and the museum across the river from hotel. The synagogue is the only one not in walking distance. I took the underground to get within walking distance. I recommend getting a reservation for the Parliament Building before you leave. We wasted time getting the tickets and waiting for the tour to start.
  • Options
    We will make Parliament reservations for the morning we board.
  • Options
    This is what the detailed itinerary says, "Your family's Danube River tour begins at 2:00 PM in Budapest, Hungary. A transfer is included from Budapest's Ferenc Liszt Airport or Keleti train station right to the gangway, where you'll drop off your luggage aboard ms Swiss Jewel or ms Savor. Your 7-night cruise begins with a sightseeing tour of the city. Budapest is divided by the Danube River into two sections, Buda and Pest; you'll learn about the turbulent history and see iconic sites such as Heroes' Square and Fisherman's Bastion. Board your riverboat, settle in, and meet fellow families at the Captain's welcome reception and dinner aboard the riverboat tonight."

Most Tauck river cruises technically begin at 4pm which is the earliest time you can get your stateroom keys, unpack luggage, etc. I think you can assume the sightseeing tour is only about 2 hours long. I suspect you're pretty safe going to see anything that interests you.
  • Options
    Great cruise. I think i will go to Europe someday, can i take yoor number for advises?
  • Options
    I called and Tauck said were visiting the Castle District with a walking tour, the Labyrinth and Fisherman Bastion. I'm excited!
  • Options
    Hi - We are doing the Budapest to Amsterdam tour starting Sept 6. Anyone from the Chicago area going? And a question for past travelers, where do we dock in Vienna? We might want to have dinner in town and would like to find somewhere close to the boat. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file