Spotlight on India Options

Does anyone who has taken this tour know of any Tauk organised options during free afternoons? I would like to see the Jama Masjid, Nizamuddin Dargha, and Lodhi Gardens whilst in Delhi. At Agra I would like to use the free afternoon to see Fatehpur Sikri, and at Udaipur it should be possible to arrange an excursion to the Jain temples at Ranakpur. Has anyone done any of these things?

Comments

• edited August 2015
    This tour has changed somewhat since we took it 18 months ago. Fatehpur Sikri was part of the tour then but listed as a Tauck paid option and only three of us went, the rest I think took naps! Maybe this was happening a lot so Tauck removed it. A definite use it or lose it! Shame because it was wonderful, our guide was excellent, we had a limo and then tuk tuk ride ,it took about an hour to get there. The hotel will be able to arrange a tour for you instead, no problem.
    I think I remember only one other free afternoon in Delhi because as I say, it has changed and Khajaraho and Orcha are not on the tour now, it was getting to be a tough day transport -wise and the traffic to get to the train on time was horrendous and nerve racking, then this year it became impossible to do because the train timetable was changed. So you get an extra day in Udaipur that I don't necessarily think is an improvement apart from extra time in the lovely hotel.
    Anywhere you want to visit as an extra will be able to be arranged by the hotel, they are used to rich visitors wanting extra everything and they will oblige.
    My biggest tip for the India tour, arrive two or three days early to get over jet lag, we did, no one else on our tour did, they were tired for most of the tour.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file