Options

Cheap Shower Curtain ?

Cheap Shower Curtain!! Why? Just got our book from Tauck For Oct.and our travel agent says top on the list is a cheap shower curtain! This will be interesting any guesses?
Katoe

Comments

• Options
    I can't think of what you would need a shower curtain on this trip. I took 2 Riverboat cruises that went to most of this trip and there would have been no use for that item on the tours. I would call Tauck and find our if it is a miss print. There is nothing in the what to bring tab for this trip.
  • Options
    Katoe wrote:
    Cheap Shower Curtain!! Why? Just got our book from Tauck For Oct.and our travel agent says top on the list is a cheap shower curtain! This will be interesting any guesses?
    Katoe

I'm confused. You say you just got your book then your agent says. Who's has the book they're reading this from?

Like crackers say, I can't see any reason for a shower curtain.
  • Options
    We have our travel book but she said that the information on her tab said to bring a cheap shower curtain and she does not know why. Will talk to Tauck and find out . Just thought there was a logical explanation for this.
    Katoe
  • Options
    Bizarre. We've been on one Tauck cruise and heading out on another next month and can't imagine what you'd need a shower curtain for. The showers all have glass doors and the maids use a special waterproof cover on the beds for your luggage to lay on when packing/unpacking.

A rain jacket or poncho yes, shower curtain?????

Can't wait to hear Tauck's explanation.
  • Options
    Cheap shower curtain? Here is the perfect time for some light entertainment, how about some witty suggestions as to what it might be for from everyone?
    Here is mine---you can wrap up the casual sports jacket that you find you didn't need in it.
    It could be one of the things you throw off the side of the boat if there is flooding and the crew needs to
    lighten the load to get under the next bridge
    I'm not that witty, so any more?
  • Options
    You won't need a shower curtain on a Tauck cruise. They do a good job of maintaining their boats.

I have been on several river cruises (only 1 by Tauck) and I think I know why your travel agent may have suggested this.

Bathrooms on river boats are very small. They typically have a 2-3 inch lip on the floor of the bathroom to keep water from getting into the rest of the cabin. On a poorly maintained boat the shower doors can have a leaky seal which means that the water gets into the bathroom and accumulates on the floor. Imagine sharing a bathroom and stepping into 2 inches of standing water when it's your turn. If you are on a boat like that a cheap shower curtain may be useful to keep water from getting out of the shower stall. This is common enough that a travel agent may know to recommend it.

As I said at the top, you won't have this problem on a well maintained boat.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file