Options

wi fi on Ms. Savor and laundry costs

We will be traveling next week on MS Savor. Need to know how well the wifi has worked from Prague to Budapest....
Also, does the ship offer a flat fee for doing laundry or it is by the item? How expensive would it be to do shirts and underware?

Also, are the opening and closing evenings very dressy or resort casual? thank you.

Comments

• Options
    By the item and was expensive when I did cruise a few years back. I try to take only stuff I can wash by hand and hope for the best with pants to last for all the time I am away.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Hi all,

First off, wifi: Complimentary internet service and wifi are available for your use while traveling on board the riverboat. You will need to use a password provided by the front desk to access the wifi on your laptop. On Jewel Class riverboats, you may use a stationary computer located in the Bistro or you may borrow a laptop from the front desk. On Inspiration Class riverboats, you may borrow a laptop or iPad from the front desk. PLEASE NOTE: Internet access is made possible by means of cellular service, and reception is impacted by several factors such as weather patterns, signal strength and the ship's location. Some email providers such as AOL, Comcast, and Bellsouth may not be available along the river. Internet reception is poor while in locks and may not be available at certain locations along your route. Your patience and understanding regarding connectivity limitations are appreciated.

As for laundry, I've included the laundry list below. If you want to have your clothes ironed and pressed (not laundered), this is also available as a service, and the pricing is half the price from the amount per item on the laundry list, which I've included below. If you'd like to have your clothes laundered and then ironed or pressed, it'd be the price below plus half the price -- so a men's dress shirt would be 7.50 Euros for laundering, and 3.75 Euros for ironing, to a total of 11.25 euros.

Also, the opening and closing evenings tend to be dressier, but what is worn on them varies. Resort casual is generally appropriate.

I hope this helps!

-Tim

Laundry Price List For Riverboats
      (No Dry Cleaning)
      (Prices are in euros)

Ladies
      [*]Dress - 8.00
      [*]Dress without sleeves - 7.00
      [*]Blouse - 6.50
      [*]Blouse without sleeves - 6.00
      [*]Pleated Skirt - 7.00
      [*]Trousers, long, short - 6.00
      [*]Shorts - 5.00
      [*]Pullover - 6.00
      [*]Bathrobe - 4.50
      [*]Bathing suit, Bikini - 3.00
      [*]Petticoat, waist slip - 2.50
      [*]Bra - 2.00
      [*]Underpants - 2.75
      [*]Vest - 2.75
      [*]Stockings (pairs) - 2.00
      [*]Socks (pair) - 2.00
      [*]Nightdress - 5.00
      [*]Nightgown - 6.00
      [*]T-Shirt - 5.00
      [*]Sweaters - 5.50
      [*]Handkerchief - 1.25

Gentlemen
      [*]Jacket (cotton only) - 10.00
      [*]Trousers - 8.00
      [*]Shorts - 6.00
      [*]Shirt - 6.50
      [*]Shirt (casual) - 6.00
      [*]Dress Shirt - 7.50
      [*]Ties - 5.00
      [*]Pullover - 6.00
      [*]Bathrobe - 4.50
      [*]Swimming Trunk - 3.00
      [*]Underpants - 2.75
      [*]Vest - 2.75
      [*]Socks (pair) - 2.00
      [*]Nightgown - 6.00
      [*]T-Shirt - 5.00
      [*]Sweaters - 5.50
      [*]Handkerchief - 1.25

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
    Emoji
    Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
    Drop image/file