Westbound February 16 Departure

Thought I would start the thread for this trip. My husband and I will be on it.
KR

Comments

• My husband and I will also be on this trip. It is our first Tauck tour but I have heard such wonderful things about them that we are looking forward to it.
    Donna and Gary
  • My wife and I did this trip (westbound) in January. It was fabulous, far exceeding our expectations. The tour directors were great. Tauck has thought of everything to make this a wonderful trip.
  • Just came back from west to east cruise. We were very disappointed in this trip. The good parts were the group leaders and naturalist and the trip thru the canal although the final stage of the passage was at 2 am.
    The trip did not live up the the naturalist excursions, too much beach and snorlkling. A waste of for time for two days.
    The first day of the cruise the rough seas brought many of us to our toilets and set a bad tone sine this was not expected or described in the information re this trip.
    The worst part of the cruise was the complete disappointment in the quality of the food on the ship. the ship had only 60 guests, and the dinner menus items were very limited and preparation was below average. The seafood one night was inedible. No excuse for the money we paid and the opportunity for the chef to shine. Utter failure.
    This was not Tauck at its best.
  • I have been on two different Tauck trips to Costa Rica and when I go again I hope it will be the Panama Canal cruise.. We love Costa Rica and think the prices to go there are very reasonable for a place that seems so exotic. I just re-read the itinerary and it is quite clear that there are two days of beach/snorkeling. I think most Tauck guests like to snorkel, the Galapagos trip certainly has more snorkeling offered than when we did it, I guess from customer feedback. I have always read that a daytime travel though the canal is not guaranteed and as far as I know Tauck, even though a great company, does not have command over the sea. I have just read the hundred reviews and there are about three or four negative comments, one of which is possibly the same trip that you just took. Please let us know what feedback you get from Tauck about the food. Everything else you should have known before you went on the trip. I still want to go!
  • GMuenks wrote:
    My husband and I will also be on this trip. It is our first Tauck tour but I have heard such wonderful things about them that we are looking forward to it.
    Donna and Gary
    Why did you choose the Westbound over the Eastbound?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file