Options

Category 2 rooms

Has anyone has stayed in the Cat 2 rooms 228 or 229 on the MS Savor or Joy? I see that they are 150 sq ft but there are no pictures of those rooms available. The only picture is room 215 which doesn't have the angled wall. Just wondering how the layout is different from room 215. Is there a lot of noise coming from the stairs? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I believe the layout is pretty much the same.

You're likely to get some stair noise but even more likely to get engine noise and noise from the crew. There is a storage closet (?) with the door right next to those stairs.

We had 202 (the opposite end near the lobby) on our last cruise and I'll never take that one without earplugs because of lobby noise.

215 is likely to be quieter. Or try one of the loft cabins. My sister had one of those and loved it.
  • Options
    I had cabin 202 as well. The lobby noise and chatter of guests in the hallway was a bit irritating. In addition, the shower was angled and a bit awkward. If it matters, there was not a coffee maker in the room. The loft rooms were far roomier, quieter and very bright.
  • Options
    The lack of coffee maker annoyed me too considering the room cost more than the loft cabins which do have them and a bigger shower. The price of being on the Ruby Deck. In other ways I loved the layout of the room. The angled bed is super accessible. The shower was "cozy" but it's bigger than the one in my RV so I could live with it.

FYI Tauck is getting ready to rehab the Jewel class ships changing all the 150 sqft cabins on the Ruby Deck to 225 sqft. No pictures yet but I assume they will look like the Cat 6 cabins on the Inspiration class ships. They are also changing the bistro to be like the Arthur's - it's own kitchen so more dinner menu options.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file