Options

Travel Arrangements to first night hotel

Looking at the Classic Italy tour and noticed the first night starts in Sorrento, Italy. Having never been to Italy wanted to get a idea on transportation steps I would need to make way to Hotel in Sorrento.

Would I fly into Rome and take train to Sorrento or fly into Naples airport then train.

For those who have been on this trip and had Tauck arrange your transportation, what travel arrangements did
Tauck provide to get you to the hotel in Sorrento?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Fly to Naples. Tauck will meet you at the Naples airport and get you to Sorrento. Once you arrive at the Naples airport, Tauck will take care of everything, whether you arranged your air travel through them or did it yourself.
  • Options
    We went on the Classic Italy tour in June. It's absolutely wonderful. Our only problem was the flight schedule into Naples. This was the first time Tauck booked our flights. They did not allow enough time for us to connect in Frankfort. We had to scramble for another way to Naples. We ended up flying to Munich from Frankfort and then flew to Naples. Make sure you have a minimum of two hours between connecting flights in Europe.
  • Options
    We are going on the May 4, 2016 Classic Italy Tour. We will be arriving in Naples on May 3rd. I was wondering if anyone else will be arriving a day early. If you are what do you plan to do with your free time. I know we don't go to the Isle of Capri and we are considering going there. Any suggestions would be appreciated
  • Options
    shazbo wrote:
    We are going on the May 4, 2016 Classic Italy Tour. We will be arriving in Naples on May 3rd. I was wondering if anyone else will be arriving a day early. If you are what do you plan to do with your free time. I know we don't go to the Isle of Capri and we are considering going there. Any suggestions would be appreciated

We are on the 22 May departure. We arrive 2-1/2 days early and have booked a car and driver/guide to take us around the Naples area- Antifeatro Flavius (small colliseum) etc. in Pozzuoli, the National Archeological Museum (all the stuff recovered from Pompei and Herculaneum) in Naples, Herculaneum etc.. We have a city guide for the next day when we will be headed to Capri before the welcome dinner. The company providing the car and guides is DriverInItaly. They were recommended by another Tauck traveler who has used them extensively. They also get high ratings from TripAdvisor.

The Internet is your friend!
  • Options
    Re: post from Tangy on 2/16/16. Your info on missing connection in Frankfurt airport concerned me. I have exactly the same connection on Lufthansa with a 1' 40" connection. Due to multiple connections I cannot change my flights. I am traveling solo. Was your missed connection due to late arrival into Frankfurt, changing terminals, security clearance or other airport problems?. How did you arrange a new pickup time in Naples for the ride to Sorrento? I am traveling on an E.U. passport (Irish). Any advice would be appreciated.
  • Options
    shazbo wrote:

I went to Capri and had a very nice lunch with water view. You take the vehicular up and go right. Make sure you get the fast boat to and from Capri and not the ferry. I took a boat tour around the island and it included the blue grotto. It is amazing the way you get in and out.

In Rome if you want to do the Roman Forum talk to your TD. The coliseum ticket is a combo and a bunch of us entered with it at no charge. Only thing is we had to go all together then we went our separate ways. Explore Venice outside of tourist area. I really enjoyed early morning walk before the crowds then later we explored the rest of Venice.

This was a great tour. Enjoy!!!!!
  • Options
    hello to all. Going to Capri is wonderful. To fly in to Naples then boat to Capri then meet in Sorrento the same night or even the day before is difficult. Why not enjoy Naples for a few hours rather than travel to Capri - at least an hour plus boarding etc. 2 hours each way eat least. Naples has many wonderful areas, Cathedrals etc. Capri is and sounds romantic- but there are issues.
    Went to Capri and stayed 2 nights - Left from Naples. We were at breakfast the 2nd mourning and the hotel advise us to leave now as the water is very choppy and we must leave on the next boat as all others will be cancelled for the day.

Things can happen and I recommend do not over do it. Tell yourself you will go back. Your friend Bruce

• Options
    Maeve wrote:
    Re: post from Tangy on 2/16/16. Your info on missing connection in Frankfurt airport concerned me. I have exactly the same connection on Lufthansa with a 1' 40" connection. Due to multiple connections I cannot change my flights. I am traveling solo. Was your missed connection due to late arrival into Frankfurt, changing terminals, security clearance or other airport problems?. How did you arrange a new pickup time in Naples for the ride to Sorrento? I am traveling on an E.U. passport (Irish). Any advice would be appreciated.

You will find contact numbers in the packet Tauck will send once you are paid in full.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file