Options

June 4, 2016 on Swiss Jewel-15 Day River Cruise-Budapest to Amsterdam

Anyone going on this cruise?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, we're on that trip. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    There is a separate forum for the Budapest to Amsterdam trips located in the Central & Eastern Europe folder. We will also be on the June 4 departure from Budapest and are looking forward to another adventure with Tauck as well as meeting everyone. We are from Las Vegas. Greg & Claudia
  • Options
    We are taking the Budapest to Amsterdam cruise departing June 18. Can anyone tell me about the opportunity for evening activities at the stops prior to the ship's departure. For example, I would like to make dinner reservations in Vienna on the 4th day of the cruise. Will that be possible, or will the ship depart too early to do that? Thanks for any advice. Ron
  • Options
    We are taking the Budapest to Amsterdam cruise departing June 18. Can anyone tell me about the opportunity for evening activities at the stops prior to the ship's departure. For example, I would like to make dinner reservations in Vienna on the 4th day of the cruise. Will that be possible, or will the ship depart too early to do that? Thanks for any advice. Ron

Someone who has taken this cruise may be able to answer this based on their cruise, however the ships sailing schedule could be different for your cruise. Timing is part of the equation along with where exactly the ship is docked. Sometimes it's in a location where you can easily walk to activities or where a shuttle is provided but others may require a taxi, etc to get to anything. Again, this can vary from cruise to cruise. Fine to get some ideas before hand, but you'll still need to wait and ask a Tour or Cruise Director once your cruise starts.
  • Options

I would call Tauck directly. They will give you the timing in each location. I have done that on other tours and even if the time is not exact, you will have a better idea.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Thanks to you both for the advice. For the benefit of others who may have the same question, I checked with Tauck and learned that on the 4th night of the cruise (the second night in Vienna), the ship does not depart until 1:30 a.m. Indeed, the tour documents that I received after my posting indicate that guests may dine that evening either onboard or on their own in Vienna.
    Ron
  • Options
    anyone traveling on the Savor Prague to Budapest this April?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Edwinsfo wrote:
    Anyone going on this cruise?
    Great to hear from other fellow travelers going on the Budapest to Amsterdam River Cruise on JUNE 4 !!!!
    Is my first European River Cruise and with Tauck. I'm from San Francisco, gay male married to a wonderful man, traveling solo this time. Edwin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file