Options

Change of venue in Budapest August 11, 2016

Having received all of our final paperwork a few weeks ago, one thing puzzled me as I glanced at the full itinerary outlined in the handy booklet. The first evening dinner venue had changed from the Akademia Club to the Festetics Palace, thought no more about it as we assumed it was just another palace in the Budapest township.

However, this evening I have been doing some research on Budapest as we will spend some five days at the Kempinski Hotel before we hook up with our fellow River Cruisers at the hotel. Needless to say I was very surprised to find that the Festetics Palace is some two and a half hour drive from the hotel, normal gathering is around 18:00 on the first evening which translates into an arrival time of around 21:00, allowing for the often tardy arrivals. So, do we assume then that this will result in a force fed meal and cocktail socializing to enable all to fall asleep on the return journey to the Kempinski in the early hours of the morning the following day?

If so, this will be a particularly heavy burden for those who even arrive a day early, never mind on the day.

Perhaps a sensible answer will be forthcoming from Tauck as this is most unlike their MO.

Joe

Comments

• Options
    Why don't you call Tauck to clarify and if you are correct, perhaps you can express concern in advance. That is certainly what I would be doing.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    If you are correct that is a huge problem for all. You are. Tired from missed sleep and to have that long of a drive from supper, I think I would refuse the meal.

I googled the hotel to the palace and got 16 min walk to 7 min bus ride.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    crackers54 wrote:
    If you are correct that is a huge problem for all. You are. Tired from missed sleep and to have that long of a drive from supper, I think I would refuse the meal.

I googled the hotel to the palace and got 16 min walk to 7 min bus ride.

Wow my apologies, for some reason when I Googled it took me to Festetics Palace way outside of Budapest. I see it is called Volt Festetics Palota.....phew what a relief.

Thank you so much for showing me the error of my mapping.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file