Options

Extra Nights in Cape Town-how many?

We are planning to stay one or two extra nights in Cape Town at the end of the Sept. 3rd tour. If you have been on this tour and extended your stay in Cape Town, how many extra nights would you recommend? Did you feel safe on you own there?
We are strongly considering two extra nights, but then I got concerned about being there on our own for that length of time. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    The tourist area of Cape Town is very safe and lots to see and so. The hotel is also one of the best.
  • Options
    We are also on the Sep. 3 tour. We are staying just one extra night.
  • Options
    Roz47. have you made decisions on what you are going to do on the extra day in Cape Town? We are considering going to Robben Island and Table Mountain depending on the time it takes for either of them..Are you arriving early in Zambia? We are arriving one day early.
  • Options
    We are arriving one day early, but are not planning anything. Want to settle in and get over any jet lag. Haven't investigated the possibilities for the extra day in Capetown yet. Just starting to look at options, but want to see some wineries. It will depend on how much we see while on tour with Tauck.
  • Options
    Come on, so many things to do before the start of the tour- go for an elephant ride, zip line over the Zambeze, bungee jump, and the one I really want someone to do and report on- powered hang glider ride above the falls.
  • Options
    My husband & I were on this trip two years ago and loved every minute! Our friends and us spent several extra nights in Cape Town at the Taj and hired Julie Clarke from Cape Splendour Tour & Safaris for day trips. One day we went to the wine region and the next we went along the coast to Hermanus. Julie knows the area and is a delight to travel with. She can be reached through her website.