Options

Venice, Florence and Rome

My sister and I will be on the July 31 tour. We are staying an extra day in Rome. Would we be undertaking too much to take the train to Naples and then the ferry to Capri as a day trip? Anybody else here on this tour?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Per my travel book: train from Rome to Naples hourly and takes about 1 hour, then you have to get to ferry. Hydrofoil to Capri 2 an hour takes 45 minutes. Sounds doable if that is how you want to spend your last day. I went to Capri from Sorrento and though it was nice I think there are much better ways to make use of your time.
  • Options
    I would say, plan to travel to Italy again and see Capri then when you can enjoy it at Leisure. One visit, two visited three and twenty is not enough visits to Italy.
  • Options
    Crackers and British are both correct.

We just finished The Best of Italy and did Capri on the front end. We spent a truly wonderful, full day there, but despite have a guide and timing the 'round the island/Blue Grotto boat perfectly, didn't come close to seeing everything we would have liked to. We left Sorrento at 0830 on 22 May, took the high speed ferry and got back to the hotel at 1700 before the welcome dinner.

Tack on a train trip to each end and I think you will miss even more. Another thing to remember, you are traveling at what is arguably the absolute peak tourist season, so the train, ferrys and Capri will be jammed with people!!!! Rome will be busy as well, but I would just plan to take in sites in Rome not included in your tour.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file