Options

Puglia - a day early

Has anyone done the Week in Puglia? I'll be arriving the day prior to the tour and would be interested in suggestions for things to do nearby.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2016
    We arrived 2 days early after a long travel night/day, quite a long layover at Frankfurt airport, now was it Munich, no Frankfurt. The first Tauck hotel is a good one hour drive fron the airport at Bari. We had to stay in the last hotel from the tour instead of the first because it was full for the prestay, just about a five minute cab ride away, and boy did we luck out staying at the Borgo Ignasia hotel, we will talk about it for years to come. We took the tour with friends who were first time Tauck travellers and they loved it. we just chilled our on the beach and had spa treatments before the tour began and ate dinner at the fish restaurant on the beach which was fantastic. I heard that Bari is very interesting, so you might want to arrange to head back there for a look round before the tour begins. The tour covers such a small area, it pretty much covers a lot of the highlights of the area. We would consider going back and staying at the Borgo for a week if we could get better flight options in the future.

Oh, I just noticed, you posted this on the Costa Rica forum, you need to put it on the correct PUGLIA one, or people will miss it once it goes off the top of the topics list.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file